So I finished reading these two book which only took me a few days. I picked Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH because I remember reading it in 5th grade. I don't remember if I liked it or not but I saw the movie on netflix and I wanted to read it all over again. I don't know why but I love books with these types of adventures. Especially mice trying to survive a world full of humans and other animals. I especially liked the story behind the Rats of NIMH and how they escaped NIMH. The movie was just as good except for one of the characters. I think Nicodemus was fine without all his magical elements. It made him seem like a wizard of some sort. Mrs. Frisby's adventures are pretty awesome and I highly recommend this book to any kid who likes adventures with animals.

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH

Fever 1793

I really enjoyed this book! I'm so mad that I had this book for the longest time and I never bothered to read it. Instead I gave it away. This seems to be happening alot to me lately. I love the the time and the setting that this story takes place. I'm a sucker for a good Historical fiction book. This books seems so real as if Mattie really existed. It's sort of written in diary entries which is good and you get the feeling of how long her journey is.